It is not enough to build a website which looks good and works well unless you get it out there in front of the people you want. This is called driving targeted traffic to your site. It can be accomplished via several methods :
During the design and build phase is is important to ensure that the site will be accessible to all users whilst being fully optimised for search engines. The search engines ( Yahoo, Google and Bing – as well as others ) need to be sure that they are giving good results as this is their raison d’être so it is important for the people in charge of coding the website to include the relevant tags and meta-information to allow the search engines to know what each page is about.
- Competitor Analysis – looking at relevant sites in the industry and assessing their strengths and weaknesses to see what can be learnt and applied.
- Usability and Information Architecture – recognition of best practices in usability for site.
- On site optimisation – content addition and code changes.
- Off site optimistation – article syndication and link building.
- Pay Per Click Management – Google Sponsored Ads and other routes.